- No products in the cart.
A traditional Indian milk based sweet which is usually prepared using khoya however this recipe is an instant version made with Condensed milk, Kesari saffron powder, milk, milk powder, and butter. Finally, instant kesar milk pedas are garnished with almonds and saffron strands.
- Sweetened Condensed milk – 200g
- Milk powder – 1 cup
- Unsalted butter – 50 g
- Milk – 2 Tbsp.
- Kesari Saffron Powder 1 Pinch
- To garnish,
- Almonds – 17
- Saffron Strands
- In a pan, heat milk over low flame and transfer it to a small bowl. Add saffron powder, blend well and keep aside.
- In a non-stick pan, melt butter. Once melted, add the milk powder and mix well making sure that there are no lumps.
- Next add the condensed milk and cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame stirring continuously.
- Now, add the saffron infused milk to the condensed milk mixture, mix well and continue cooking for 7-8 minutes on low heat, until the mix becomes thick.
- Once the peda mix has become thick, transfer the mixture to a plate and let it cool for 30 minutes.
- After the mix has cooled, make small balls, flatten them out a little and crimp the edges using a toothpick to give them a peda shape.
- Once all the pedas are ready, gently press down an almond in the centre of the peda.