Malpua is a popular indian sweet of fried fluffy pancakes dipped in sugar-saffron strands and garnish with chopped nuts, saffron strands and cream.
It is made with a simple semolina batter, milk, cream, fennel seeds and fennel powder.This dessert recipe is easy to prepare and tastes best when served warm.
- 1 Cup Sooji
- 1 Spice Liquid Cardamom (elaichi) Drop
- ¼ Tsp Fennel Powder
- ¼ Tsp Fennel Seeds
- Cream 1/4 Cup + for garnish
- 1 Cup Milk
- Oil, for frying
- 350 ml Water
- 20 Kesari Organic Saffron Threads
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Chopped Nuts, for garnish
- In a large bowl, add Sooji, cardamom Drop , fennel powder & seeds, cream and milk.
- Mix well and keep aside to rest for 20 minutes. Add more milk to the batter if it becomes too thick.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat for deep frying.
- Now ladle the Malpua batter to the hot oil and cook for 5-7 minutes while flipping in between. Repeat with all the batter and keep aside.
- In a saucepan, add water and bring to the boil. Add Saffron Strands and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar and cook for 10-12 minutes until it becomes syrupy.
- Once the sugar syrup is ready, add the reserved Malpua to the syrup, soak for 10-15 minutes, transfer to a serving platter
- Malpua is now ready top with chopped nuts, saffron and cream and serve warm.