Kesar Chai –
How to Prepare Kesar Chai at home?
All you need is water, tea leaves, milk, saffron strands, sugar, and a few spices to make this super healthy beverage. Addition of saffron or kesar in boiling water gives the flavor and aroma to tea.
Try this Soothing and Refreshing chai/tea during a tea break or even for morning breakfast.
4. Kesari Saffron strands (7- 8 strands)
6. cardamom powder – 1 Tsp
1. Take a pan and add water, along with the saffron strands and cardamom powder, pepper, cinnamon stick and give it a boil.
2. Once it begins to boil; add the tea leaves. Allow the tea leaves to simmer in the water for about a minute and turn off the heat.
3. Once you add the tea leaves, allow it to brew just a little to ensure the tea stays light and does not turn bitter.
4. Stir in the milk into the chai and allow it to rest for a few seconds.
5. Strain the Kesar chai into the cups and serve. Add a few more saffron strands to the top while serving, this will give a great look and also add to the taste and flavor of the chai.
Benefits of Kesar Chai:
Here are the few health benefits of adding a flavor – Kesari(saffron) into your cup of tea/ chai: