- No products in the cart.
Description:Veg pulao is an one pot rice dish made with mixed vegetables and dry spices.
Pulao is served with raita or any veg gravy. Adding saffron to the pulao makes it more flavourful and aromatic along with giving the rice dish a bright saffron colour.
Do try this delicious recipe at home and drop a comment.
- Hot Water
- 10-15 Kesari Saffron Strands
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ¾ Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Kesari Green Cardamoms
- 5 Kesari Cloves
- 10 Kesari Black Peppercorns
- ½ Kesari Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Carrot, peeled & diced
- 1 Cup Cauliflower, cut into florets
- ⅓ Cup Frozen Peas
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ Tsp Garam Masala
- ½ Tsp Cumin Powder
- ¾ Tsp Mango Powder
- ⅛ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Coriander Leaves, for garnish
- In a pot filled with hot water, add saffron strands along with rice. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- In a large wok, heat oil over medium heat and add cumin seeds, cardamom, peppercorns, cloves and cinnamon stick. Saute for a few seconds until the cumin starts to splutter.
- Add carrots, cauliflower, frozen peas, salt to taste, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, cumin powder, mango powder and turmeric powder. Mix well, cover and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Remove the cover, mix again and add the boiled saffron rice to the vegetable mix. Stir gently and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from heat, transfer the vegetable pulav to a serving bowl, garnish with coriander and serve hot.