Rasam is a South Indian soup recipe made with toor dal, tamarind juice, tomato and a variety of spices. It is a spicy, tangy and can be done with in 10 mins.
This tasty Rasam can be served with hot plain rice or as a beverage.
Kindly watch this Rasam recipe video and share with your family friends and groups.
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- Peppercorns 1 Tsp
- Cumin Seeds 1 Tsp
- 2 Whole Red Chillies, halved
- 3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 No. Green Chilli, slit
- 15-20 Curry Leaves
- ⅛ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 300 ml Tomato Puree
- 1 ½ Tbsp Tamarind Paste
- 4 Drops Spice Liquid Hing Drop
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
- Coriander, for garnish
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add coriander seeds, peppercorns, cumin seeds and red chili. Dry roast for all the spices for a minute and then transfer to a grinder.
- Grind the Indian spices to form a Rasam masala Powder and Keep aside.
- In a wok or deep pan, heat oil over medium heat and add mustard seeds. Cook until they start to splutter and add the green chili along with curry leaves and turmeric powder. Mix well and add the reserved Rasam Masala. Mix again.
- Combine tomato puree, tamarind paste and mix well. Add the Spice Liquid Hing drops along with water and give it a nice stir. Add salt, mix again and bring to the boil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer the Rasam to a serving bowl, garnish with coriander and serve hot with Papad.