Kesar Milk: A refreshing and nourishing drink for pregnant women that has the goodness of almonds and is made using Kesari – India`s purest and most trusted saffron brand.
Not only is this drink pleasing to the eye and palate, but it also has numerous health benefits too…
1. Immune health.
2. No artificial color.
3. No preservatives.
4. Contains essential nutrients.
5. Enriched with vitamins and minerals.
Try this at home. Kids love it!
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tsp ground green cardamom
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp Kesarisaffron
- First, soak saffron in hot water and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Now soak the almonds for 20 minutes in hot water.
- Soaking in hot water helps in peeling the skin of almonds.
- Now blanch the almonds. Add the almonds to the grinder and add 2-3 tablespoon of milk.
- Grind it until forms a smooth mixture.
- In a heavy bottom pan, bring milk to boil. Simmer on low heat for 10- 12 minutes.
- Make sure you stir it intermittently to avoid burning and sticking at the bottom.
- Add almond mixture to the milk stirring continuously until mixed well.
- Add saffron water and sugar
- Stir it well. Simmer until milk is reduced to 3/4 amount.
- Milk is ready to serve. Garnish with sliced almonds and saffron strand.
- You can serve this milk hot or chilled.
Note: The longer the saffron soaks, you will get a light yellowish color. You may also like Kesar Almond Halwa.