Kesar almond halwa is an Indian dessert recipe made with badam,sugar,milk and flavored with saffron. Add natural color to your halwa by adding a pinch of Kesar.
- 1 cup almonds
- ¾ cup sugar
- fat pinch of saffron
- ⅛ tsp. cardamom powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 4 tbsp ghee
- few drops of rose water (optional)
- Wash and soak almonds in lot of water for 4 hours. peel off the skin and rinse them.
- Blend badam, sugar, cardamoms, saffron with milk or water to a smooth paste.
- Heat a nonstick pan or heavy bottom pan, add 2 tablespoon of ghee to it.
- Add the ground paste and constanly stir the mixture as it can stick burn from bottom.
- Add additional 2 tbsp of ghee and cook till the halwa thickens.
- when it reaches a desired consistency,put in a container to set
- Finally,Garnish with a pinch of Kesari Saffron.