- No products in the cart.
A Bengali mishti that is utterly simple to make, something you can make ahead and serve your guests. Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 cup hung yogurt
- ● ¾ cup whole milk
- ● ½ cup condensed milk
- ½ sachet Kesari Saffron Powder
- ● Few strands of saffron for garnish
- Set a steamer with 2-3 inches of water. Cover and allow the water to come to a boil. Keep 4-6 small earthen pots (100-150 ml) or kulhads ready along with 4 squares of aluminium foil to cover them later.
- Meanwhile prepare the bhapa doi mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk the hung yogurt until smooth. Add the whole milk and condensed milk and whisk until you get a smooth mixture.
- Sprinkle Kesari Saffron powder and whisk till the mixture is uniformly golden coloured.
- Divide this equally between 4-6 pots. Seal this well with squares of aluminium foil.
- Place in steamer carefully. Cover the steamer with a lid and steam for 20 minutes.
- When done, the bhapa doi with be set like a pudding. Garnish with 1-2 strands of saffron and refrigerate this for 3-4 hours or overnight