Saffron Pudding is an easy dessert recipe made using milk, cream, saffron, egg and garnished with nuts.
- 300ml pure cream
- 100ml milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Kesari saffron threads, soaked in 1 teaspoon water
- 2 strips orange rind
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup water
Method of preparing saffron pudding:
Note that this recipe takes 20 minutes preparation excluding chilling, 45 minutes cooking.
1. Heat cream, milk, saffron, orange and vanilla bean over a gentle heat (Neff induction level 4) until almost boiling.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and caster sugar.
3. Whisk the warm cream mixture into egg yolks. Strain mixture into a jug.
4. Divide mixture into 6 ramekins.
5. Stand ramekins on a large perforated cooking container and cook in steam oven on steam cooking setting at 100°C for 15 to 20 minutes until just set. (Alternative: bake in a water bath in your oven at 150°C for 20 minutes until just set).
6. Chill for 3 to 4 hours.
Saffron pudding is now ready to serve. This aromatic pudding is sure to impress your guests!