Thandai recipe is a cool and refreshing drink prepared during the festival of Holi. This drink is made mainly from dry fruits , milk, sugar and flavoured with saffron.
How to make Thandai for Holi festival?
Milk – 2 cups
Kesari saffron – 6 to 8 strands
Rose essence- 2 drops
To grind to a paste:
Almonds – 20
Poppy seeds- 1tsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Pepper corns – 10
- Take all the ingredients listed under ‘to grind’ and soak it in water for 30 mins. Meanwhile boil milk.
- Cool down and add sugar.Take a tbsp of warm milk and soak saffron strands in it.Add a tsp of the saffron milk mixture to the milk.
- Peel of the skin of almonds and grind it along with other ingredients to a fine paste.
- Then spoon the mixture and add it to the milk.Mix well and set aside for 15 mins. Then strain it.
- Discard the residue.Add the remaining saffron milk (which we reserved in step2) to the strained almond milk.Add 2 drops rose essence and refrigerate it for an hr.
- Serve chilled.
You may also like to try our saffron recipes.