Makes 8-10 pieces
- 1 cup / 200 grams unsweetened khoya
- ¼ cup ghee
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp elaichi
- ½ sachet Kesari Saffron Powder
- Few strands of Kesari saffron for garnish
- 1 Coarsely grate the khoya and keep aside. Lightly grease a 4-5” square pan with ghee and keep aside.
- Heat the ¼ cup ghee in a non stick pan.
- Add the grated khoya, cardamom powder and sugar.
- Keep stirring continuously for 10-12 minutes on medium heat until the mixture comes together into a ball, leaving the sides of the pan.
- Remove half the mixture into the greased pan and smoothen it out to cover the whole pan.
- Add Kesari saffron powder to the remaining half of the burfi mixture in the pan, stir well for 30 seconds. Transfer this over the plain burfi layer.
- Using a cling film or a plastic sheet, smoothen the top of the burfi mixture in the pan.
- Garnish with few strands of saffron. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and cut into desired shapes.